Sunday, April 29, 2007

We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.

God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls..Mother Teresa.


Yesterday You told me to be silence so that I could listened to you.

That You're distant from the world because of the noise we make. We're adding more to it everyday. One tv, one tv in each room, tv in the bedroom, Ipod, jacket with ipod, mp3, car with video on the back seat, ipod in car, ipod at home. But I have nothing of those around, everything around me is in silence but me.

I am always on the run, my life is full of going here and there and doing this and that. My day is divided by time to do this and time to do that. One time someone said I am hyper, and may be I am hyper and I need to slow down. So, help me to slow down.

Has it been that long or is the answer to my question doesn't exist? Do you wish me to seek You more? What is it in You that You want me to know? No, I don't just want the answer of my question. I want to hear all of what You have to say to me, whether I like it or not.

You did talk to me on the way home from the funeral, telling me that You love me and to comfort me that even if they don't, You do. You, the God of the universe, the Greatest Artist of all time, loves me. But what's the answer to my question? Do I need to wait? For how long?

I will be in silence. I will stop running. I will stop counting times. I will be focus. I will not worry if things are not done in time. I will spend time with You more today in nature. And I will stop saying I will and I will, but just be at rest. So today, help me to be silence so that I can hear more of You. I want more of You.

2 comments:

Ben said...

This reminded me of Elijah,
"The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by."
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?""

dyah kartikawening said...

And when He said go, that means go!