Wednesday, April 18, 2007

There is no cup of tea big enough to contain Me, there is no book long enough to suit Me

Jesus is big enough for all the world's affairs. He is big enough for all our sorrows and grieves. He is big enough for our joy. He is big enough to turn the world around. He has done THAT, on the cross and resurrected, with scientific and historical evidence!

One time my friend asked me if I ever got answers of my prayers to God.

I thought, "Are you serious with your questions, because if you are, then we can spend all the time together and still won't be able to cover all the answered prayers I've witness all my life.."

My relationship with Jesus developed through my life, but my mother taught me how to pray directly to Jesus and thought that He is near. She calls him "Gusti Pangeran", it means the The Lord Prince of the Kingdom. The Son of God.

I call him Father, Friend, and Savior.

Where's the water meter?
That question came back to my mind when these past weeks, I've witnessed so many answered prayers since, well, when you prayed more often, then that's the result, more answered prayers. God is big enough for all our prayers. He wants us to pray, to worship Him and to talk to Him.

Last week, we were working on a house on Myrtle Street in N.O. when the water broke, so Neal our team leader asked everyone to go outside to find the water meter where we can turn the water off directly and independently since it's an emergency. We were trying to make sense of where the water meter might be. We have searched every corner, every sidewalk covered with weeds and mud and debris, every single common sense possibility (i.e. comparing with the other houses in the neighborhood of where the water meter is located), and we have called the waterworks even though a neighbor said she had been trying to call them for six months and no one had showed up (sounds familiar..).

We finally stopped searching, gathering and prayed that the Holy Spirit will intervene and found the water meter for us. And if we didn't find it, there must be a reason why the water will continue to run for whatever it is God has planned that our little brains could not comprehend.

We left it at that, and we continued working. We had to leave the work site early to serve food in Gentilly neighborhood, downtown New Orleans.

Is it a coincidence that one of the employees of the waterworks department came to join the neighborhood folks to have dinner with them and Neal talked to him? Problem solved. Prayer was answered. The water was turned off the next day.

Is it a miracle or is it a coincidence? I chose to see it as a miracle and an answered prayer.

Stoked..
I think that was the cutest word I've heard all day yesterday. It came out on my phone. A text message from my friend whom the night before had asked me to pray for him on his decision to go with the Habitat to New Orleans. The Habitat is trying to reach their target to build 180 homes this year for a certain project that I am not aware of the detail. They are calling all previous Americorps volunteers (whom my friend was apart of) to come and help build 80 more houses in a week. No body in his office is allowed to take vacation prior to June and his boss has been so strict about it. He felt that he was called for going down to NO. I prayed for him at night and on the way to lunch the next day. He told me he was stoked thirty minutes later that his boss has approved his request for a week of early vacation. That was the same time when I prayed that God would give him the right answer.

Those are my two recent answered prayers stories..

But sometimes God said no..

No comments: