Monday, May 14, 2007

That what is which and which is what?

  1. Got it? Exactly, me neither.
  2. My definition of Monday: is the day I realize that my weekend had gone and that Saturday is so far away. And when planning was part of the word I studied and organize is the infinitive title of my job, those were not my best qualities. I work with people and I love people, but being organized and well planned are not the qualities that define me. Ironic.
  3. Monday is the day when I prayed harder that God would control me, reign on me, help me to be positive, and fill my soul because, well, I am usually exhausted from thinking that I have done nothing, thinking about where did my weekend go. This had happened again today, Monday, that I had spent the entire day to think.
  4. Monday is the day when my coworkers would ask, "How's your weekend?" and tell them the stories of my weekend over and over again. I like the questions, but sometimes there were things you don't want to remember, because it would be embarrassing and stupid, such as, loosing your cell phone in a place you don't know (otherwise it won't be called "lost"). And this Monday, I had a lot of voice mail from my friends whom asked me where have I been, was I still alive, did I try to ignore them and blocked their numbers, because, I lost my cell phone and suspended the account, and I won't have another until the end of this week cause I wanted a free one.
  5. Monday is the day I want to be Peter Pan, never grow up. It is the day with the question like, "Now, Dyah..have you ever learned?" and then my mom's voice would fill up my head..."Why didn't you ever forget your nose?"
  6. My sole question is, why God created Monday?
  7. It is just happened, that most of my Mondays are my longest days at work, as in right now, I am waiting for a community meeting that will last until 8:30pm when I am so excited to start painting again with the new materials I just bought, and the library will be closed by the time I got home, so I won't be able to check out the books I had on reserve the whole week.
  8. Monday is the day I would repeat Peter Pan's strategy to keep flying: create happy thoughts, one of them was that "I am glad I wasn't born on Monday".
  9. Another happy thoughts: Now I am glad Monday is almost gone.

Title is from A. A. Hodge quotes: On Monday, when the sun is hot, / I wonder to myself a lot: / `Now is it true, or is it not, / That what is which and which is what?

6 comments:

Stushie said...

If Monday rhymes with Sunday,
And Monday was a Moonday,
Shouldn't Sunday rhyme with Monday
And so we'll call it Soonday?


Off the cuff rhyming twaddle, inspired by your blog for today...

Have a nice Tuesday!

Ben said...

I wish I could give you some of the joy that I find in Mondays :)

dyah kartikawening said...

Stushie..I'll start calling it Soonday next week.

Ben...how did I know you're gonna say that?

Ben said...

Well, I'm not entirely sure :) But the good news for you is that it is no longer Monday!

(if you are wondering, my NOAA weather radio keeps going off because of some severe storms just north of here and hence I am up at 3:30)

.:imel:. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
.:imel:. said...

i've ever been there..
but then i deal with sunday