Thursday, May 10, 2007

Book Tag - Influential Books in my life.

Flashback to August 11, 2006 when I was tagged by Russell Smith about influential books in my life -- here goes:

1. One book that changed your life: Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: On the Road by Jack Kerouac, The Dead and Live of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs, Sidewalk by Mitchell Duneier.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: A Year with CS Lewis, Daily Readings from His Classic Works.

4. One book that made you laugh: Extremely Loud Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer; The Female Brain by Louann Md Brizendine.

5. One book that made you cry: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein.

6. One book you wish had been written: Finding Time to Do Absolutely Everything You want to Do in Life.

7. One book you wish had never been written: The World According to Mimi Smartypants (It does exists!) and the Breakup Babe.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Mountains beyond mountains by Tracy Kidder and What's the difference? : manhood and womanhood defined according to the Bible by John Piper.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Theories of everything : selected, collected, and health-inspected cartoons, 1978-2006 by Roz Chast, Off the books : the underground economy of the urban poor by Sudhir Alladi Venkatesh.

10. Tag 5 others: Since I am so very late, I am not going to tag anyone!

I am exhausted, those are hard questions to answer. Never mind that I violated most of the questions by mentioning more than one book. I'm out.

3 comments:

Ben said...

You'll have to let me know what you think of Mountains Beyond Mountains

dyah kartikawening said...

will do.

... said...

I love how you answered most of the "One book" questions with two book titles!