Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hope is the thing that stands up right

Thinking about hope.

One.
Hope is the thing that stands up right, lift its head to the angels
with hundreds of hands underground spread, reaching to the invisible.

Two.
On the other side of cosmos, on the other side of time, God moved across the chaos and began to imagine. Colors - blue and green and red and yellow. All the colors somehow mixed together. What would green look alongside blue, with a little thin band of gold to join the two? (Bono's words)

Three.
Hope is like a stretch thin line that joins what it is and what it should be. Unseen but merely a vision of strength and faith in God who dwells inside each one of us.

Four.
We only see a tile, God see a mosaic.

Five.
Romans 5:
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a]have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Four.
From Wikipedia: "Hope is often the result of faith in that while hope is an emotion, faith carries a divinely inspired and informed form of positive belief."

Five.
Sunday, May 6 2007. Baptism Weekend, VCC. As usual, I like to sit by myself, away from my friends but only surrounded by "strangers" who will not care if I showed emotions. A man who testified about his experience when Jesus saved him from a traumatic childhood and cocaine addiction through prayer. He said, "I know God loves me."

God said,"I love you, Dyah." And I felt an assurance of a circumstance I am facing right now, a complete assurance after I prayed and prayed to God to give me faith as in a child. And that morning I got it. It was a feeling of assurance that God will take care of everything and I need not to worry about anything.

And when I thought about what I should do, Pastor DaveWorkman said (I was suppose to pray when I thought of this), "All we have to do is surrender, God. Surrender and let you be in control."

And that morning I surrender to God again. I have a complete assurance of the situation I am currently facing. In a complete believe even though I don't know how God is going to take care of this. I trust God, because he's God. I put my hope in God. Knowing that I'll be fine and everything will be just fine, like it has always been in my life. Hope is the thing that stands up right, with faith as its foundation, and knowing that God is in control.

No comments: