Thursday, June 07, 2007

When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all

I was sitting on my desk the other day after a long day of worrying about future stuff that I have been asking the answer to God for awhile. I got the answer and He granted my request. But it was amazing to me to know that this is how his method of answering my prayers work:

1. I asked Him a specific question.
2. I asked Him a specific question.
3. Repeat more than 100 times.
4. Include worry in it.
5. He told me not to worry.
6. I was still worry.
7. I thought, may be I should change my question because He's definitely is not answering, He's telling me something or I wasn't listening.
8. I started to change my question, dragging my heart toward agreeing what I thought He wanted me to.
9. My question had changed, but He leads me toward the first question again.
10. God can't be confused, I am confused.
11. I was frustrated. I surrendered. I felt assurance that He would grant me my request, although I have no idea how I would get to that goal.
12. I felt completely at peace.
13. I forgot being worried.
14. He granted me my request.

This happened many many times. As if God wanted me to know that I need to aim to "knowing Him" rather than "asking Him what I want."

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well (Matthew 6:25).

I don't know where to start, how to know God. But I guess I can start from the Book that POINTED to Him, although even the Book cannot contain Him. The whole universe can't. This week, I am going to dwell on the first chapter of the bible to get me started on the long forever journey of knowing God. I am excited with what I am about to discover, because from what I heard, this God, is pretty amazing!

Title by CS Lewis

1 comment:

Stushie said...

Read George Herbert's famous poem "The Collar" Your experience is almost similar to his in the seventeenth century!