Friday, June 15, 2007

The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice;he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him

No, we don't celebrate father's day in Indonesia. My father is a faithful husband, obediently loving his children at the best of his ability. In highschool especially, I was glad that I have a father like my father, when, he is an honest person who didn't get involved in all the corruptions that was going on at that time at his workplace that got the entire industry shut down. Not that he didn't have the opportunity. He had the opportunity awhile back, when he got promoted but had to relocate outside Java, I didn't remember exactly, but my mother said he went home a week later because he just cannot live without us being around. Now I am still proud of him and his decision to choose us rather than big bucks or pride or "achievement" at the world's standards.

Growing up, our relationship has gotten better, and I always tried to initiate conversations, around garden, or herb, or his fish pond, or vitamin I should take, or just simply asking him about his family. He's very proud of his family's past and loves to tell stories about them. He's seventy years old this year, retired, and very proud of his garden that he tends every morning.

Thank God for Bapak!




Title is from Proverbs 23:24.

No comments: