Thursday, March 08, 2007

Time's funny. When you're a kid, it passes slowly, and next thing you're fifty and your childhood fits into a rusty little box

The green giant mask is living when I was five years old. She lives in the year when I was alone when mother was at work, father was at the factory, sister and brother were joyfully studying. The place was a house in a ridden neighborhood where density persist. She cannot leave. Somehow she grew bigger than me when I was ten, whispering to my ear about things I don't want to remember, things that remind me to her house, and her friend, and that afternoon. Somehow she managed to translate my thoughts, to switch my point of view from one moment to the other, on the words of father or the words of mother, on the words of sister, and on the words of brother.

Green giant went to school with me, hiding behind my escalated intelligence, underneath my ability to do almost everything I wanted to do, including racing with the boys. Because I know if I could beat the boys, she would be free and leave me alone. But she stays still.

The green giant grew up bigger with my every interactions with others. That somehow I could let go if I could be with the one I like. That somehow green giant would leave me alone if I were with them. But green giant stays still.

Five years ago my pastor helped me to release green giant without he even know it. I thought she was gone but she came back this coming year. I heard God told me how to let her go. "Get a mask, draw her face, and hang here on your wall." So I did. I told everyone that green giant has been with me since I was five. It felt oh, so good to share it with my counselor, with my friend, and another, and another. And somehow she shrinks. and shrinks. and shrinks.

Last night, I made a mask of her. A black face with green eyes, green lips and a stroke of red on her head. She didn't have a stroke of red, but that stroke of red was a mark from getting out of my soul. That stroke of red was the mark of my victory over her. Love cures. And God's love release me from the green giant. And now she is also free. I hang it on the wall with metal wires and put her in a black frame on the long white wall. All alone. Now she knows that it is okay to leave me alone.

No comments: