Monday, February 26, 2007

You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit Me.

Once in awhile, God reminds me that my view of Him is distorted or incomplete. We talk to God as a friend, tell him about our day, what's going on today, what we want Him to direct us today, what He has for us for the day, as if He's our friend. It's true that we're a friend of God, that He loves us and that He redeemed us from death so that we can live in freedom.

But, God is also God who started everything and that even the thought of Him we can't contain in our little mind. He reminded me of that this weekend. ChrisTomlin concert, a concert I planned to bail from because I am just overwhelmed with things to do, not for my day job, but for other projects I work on in my own time (thank God for being single and young and free). I like contemporary Christian music, but not so much compare to my other joy of listening to jazz, classical or local music. Beside, it's not "cool", whatever it means. The only reason I listen to this kind of music, is that, the lyrics said words from the bible, or that it is literally speaking of life (without we have to digest it through our creative thoughts because the words are simple). And, when I went to similar concert last year, I was bored to death when my friends left and right danced and sang joyfully. But, I went to the concert anyway this weekend, and I didn't regret it.

God took me into another perspective of how to look at Him. The concert include a presentation of how science had discovered facts that, over and over, confirmed God's authority of life and his indescribable being. That in the universe, the earth is only one small golf ball in the sea of galaxies and stars lies from gazillion light years to the other that we can't even get to in our short life span. But we are also created, perfectly, as a being created in the image of God, regardless how small our place is in the universe, and that God has a purpose for each one of us, and that purpose is to become One with Him, to worship Him in our lives, to love Him and to love others. These are his commands, not his "suggestion". I couldn't even describe the feeling I had. It's overwhelming to know that I, this tiny little soul standing with three square feet personal space, in a planet as big as a golf ball in the sea of galaxies of stars, is loved by, the creator of this world, who didn't even lift a finger to create the universe, and that my soul worth his love, and that He came down to be one of us and saved my life. Because He loves me! God cannot be contained in anything.

When I went home, there is one thing I want to look up at Google: laminin. Check the diagram, look up its shape and be ready. It's a type of protein that glued together every cell that formed our body. It's an affirmation that we can grow to our best potential when we received Jesus as our savior and our God. There's no other way.

No comments: