Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Time hasn't stopped for any troubles, heartaches, or any other malfunctions of this world, so please don't tell me it will stop for you

And what about Monster Trucks? Or I should say monster wheels? I was just amazed of where the audience came from. They're not your average football goers, or any other sports of all kinds. There were kids, toddlers, babies (with their parents), men and women with tatooes, the kind who seems like bikers on the road, and teenagers, cheering for their favorite monster truck drivers. And the enthusiasm was amazing! Parking lots was full, online ticket box was empty before the show, and every face seems glowing from the excitement.

And they all came for what? Monster truck. The regular pick up truck modified with giant wheels crushing newly painted old cars with its machine removed, duck in a row. The air quality was bad because of the fuel, evidently this kind of performance should be done outdoors. The sound quality will damage your ears if not ready with some earplugs. Some people even wore the earplugs in a shooting range.

But imagining myself as a monster truck driver, pushing the gas in a rhythm and crushing the cars with the wheels made me ducky! The sport (close enough to sport, I guess), provide a "save" anger management activity. I was sitting there thinking about one more of my problems that I should deal with. You know everyone on earth has one of those. It's gripping you like the past when you don't deal with it right now. And I know exactly that in reality, being a destroyer of junk cars is not the answer, but bravely looking through the past and examining what happened would give us more courage to be a better person in the future. That does guarantee that we won't repeat the past? Not at all, but giving everything to God will lift our burden. Take it from ourselves, and we would be made new again. And I know, I can do this on every sun rise, on every second.

Monster truck was an interesting way to look at a culture. Or subculture. But, the monster truck I saw last week brought me a new perspective to come back to God one more time.

No comments: