Sunday, January 14, 2007

I don't know what the future holds, but I know what holds the future.

It's a relieve to know that some things in life are just beyond our control. I thought of that again, and said, is it? Isn't it painful knowing a destructive situation that we have no control off?

Tonight, again, I was questioning what it means to be a friend. I have good friends, and they meant a lot to me in good and bad times, but last night, I was examining my self if I would be a good friend when I knew a destruction is going on in a friend's life and I don't have a control over. Somethings are just beyond my control in my life, let alone in someone else's. I asked God if I should totally withdraw from the situation and let this friend learn the hard way, or be with them at all times without judging and let the friend realize what's going on.

I don't want my friend to get hurt. It's not like the person doesn't know what's wrong or right. It's not rocket science, but some clouds in our eyes when everything looks rosy ahead of us, we don't know the next turn is a dead end.

At dawn, my conclusion was to support this person by prayers. That's all I know what to do, especially when I don't know what else to do. When I know I am not in control, it was a relieve because I know there's someone who is totally in control of the universe and every creature in it. Things might get rough (or may not) for this person, and being a good friend, all I can do is pray. And let the one who knows the future knows we're surrendering to Him.

1 comment:

Russell Smith said...

Dyah,
Good to have you back with us in Cinti. Hope your trip was a blessing! These last two posts on friendship have been a blessing to me indeed -- we are so richly blessed in our friendships if we but would open our eyes to see.

Russell