Thursday, January 18, 2007

Don't make me come down there. -- God.

I am blessed with friends with their own characters whom had taught me to respect differences in backgrounds, cultures and point of views. We seems to agree to disagree, well, most of the times, anyways. More than everything, I am amazed how they could still be my friends despite of my opiniated minds and how my take in certain issues could sound extreme (I realized). Over dinner several weeks ago right after I picked up my car, we talked about silly things the last things you would want to know, to global warming. And then they began to skew their heads a little, noticing this isn't a topic we would agree on.

Soon we went back again to our previous conversations about whether global warming is a hoax or it is true. I used a recent argument about how in the last century we had extremely raised the temperature of the earth to a certain degree that had changed the balance of the environment. Scientists have found ways to track temperatures back to 1000 years ago through digging layers of ice. The truth is, we're melting. Every second.

Now, why would we (christian) "seem" to refuse the facts? God never did say that the world won't change. God said we have to take care of it. And we might have failed to take care of it. I have a lot of respect of scientists because they have the "how" answer; but I know God has the "why" answer of all things.

Each of us then reached the point that, no matter what happened to the world, whether global warming is true (it's true!!!) or not, the three of us agreed that it is our responsibility to sustain the world we live in. To be a steward of what God had given to us.

No comments: