Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Worry Ends When Faith Begins

Shoes should serve the feet. They are made to help us protect our feet, and to help them function better. Last week I bought two pairs of vintage shoes. These are shoes worn in the old days, perhaps in the sixties, where women's feet were smaller (I guess), so that the vintage stores are my favorite destination. One is small with a little heels that would only rise me about an inch, they are light brown with a dash of orange, with tiny ties around the the ankle. Far from mundane. I've worned them twice, and I almost fell over more then ten times, on silky floor. I was lucky to have someone hold my hand all the time. We cancelled the walk because of the shoes, and we have to drive because of the shoes. I don't know about the pretty shoes, but I am not gonna wear them if it would eventually cost me my back.

The other pair were red. My other favorite color. They are not mundane red, but promaganate red, with a little worn out color on it. I've worn them once, to work, along with outfit at the same tone. By the end of the day, after all those walking around the properties, running around upstairs and downstairs for printer, going to meetings, I felt like I need not just one, but four bandages for my shoes. Never mind all the comments on how cute they were, I am not wearing shoes that would eventually ripp the skin off my feet.

So, I came back to these pair of three dollar shoes I got from one of the goodwill store. I was lucky because they are so comfortable, hold my feet well, and when I was walking, I felt like I could feel the ground. I've been running around with it, when I don't feel like wearing gym shoes when I wore dresses or skirts, these shoes served my feet well.

I felt it right after I changed my shoes. I could feel it right away that my mood changes just because of the shoes. They were so comfortable, I forgot that I could not run before. Driving home from work, I could not stop thinking about worry and faith. Worry is like a pair of shoes that don't serve the feet. The more you think about it, the more it will feel hurt. The more the feet will hurt, the slower you walk. The slower you walk, the less you'd be able to function (for me, anyway, cause my job constitutes of, almost, walking and walking all day.) Faith, is like a pair of shoes that serve you. It cost you nothing, just trust to God, the kind of trust you have when a pair of good shoes serve your feet, knowing that the feet will not hurt, knowing that the feet will be able to take you places, and the feet will stay intact by the end of the day.

Shelved the worry that hurt your soul. Wear the faith instead, today.

No comments: