Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I don't know what the future holds, but I know what holds the future

Reading "This I believe" section from the NPR this week about a once autistic adults who understand life in a different perspective who hold a career as a scientist who work to create music that calms animals in slaughterhouses prior to the "execution" could be very depressing. The only sentence I could remember from the whole story was: that, "Yes, human being or animal, we will eventually die."

So, then, what is life for? For nothing? Just to try to use our "great potentials" as human beings just so that we know that we're always fail? Because we are. And we will be. It's human nature that we will make mistake and countless mistakes we have done. It's the earth's nature that there will be a disaster somewhere, sometimes because the way this earth works. And because of that, there will be people die somewhere.

And it gets pretty depressing to know that we will eventually die. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

Could science prove the nature of dying? Why we have to die? Why couldn't we live forever so that there is no one suffering? What are we become when we die? Do we just vanish from the world and our soul just vanish like that? Just like animals in the slaughterhouses?

Our body is biodegradable. But what about our souls? Our feelings? What would happen to them?

I know someone who could answer that who had died before. Whose been there, done that. One time, my moslem friend asked me if Jesus was God. And why do I believe that? That Jesus was God? I told her all about What Jesus said about himself in the bible. I told her about all the facts, prophecies about Jesus from the beginning of the bible to the end; that Jesus' life had fullfilled ALL the prophecies, not one missed. About the falidity of the bible that consist of writings of people inspired by God. About the lives Jesus had transformed. About the hundreds of people who knew his miracleous works, who testified for him by sacrificing their lifes for the truth they knew. About the millions life He transformed throughout the ages. About the relationship he has with me. About the many miracles I believed came from Him. God himself, came to the earth and saved me and my future. So that when I die, I won't go astray, but my soul will united with its creator, forever.

Yes, dying could be depressing when you have nowhere to go or worst, you don't know where to go. But dying could be a happy transformation, from living in a fallen world and witnessing all its suffering, to reunite with our creator, our Dad in heaven, our best friend, and our true love.

No comments: