Sunday, November 12, 2006

Someone created us.

The female brain, by LouannBrizendine, published by Morgan Road Books in 2006.

I've never known that in fact, female tears generated pain in male's mind since they have trouble in digesting emotion. That explained why: male always try to shut us up (with anything they can use) the moment we start crying. In my experienced they had used all kinds of things just to get us stop crying, from trying so hard not to "see" us, giving us tissues, a hug, a kiss, whatever, just to get us stop crying. The fact that male and female are two different creatures who live in two different body and brain systems that react and act in their own ways just made life simple. Phew.

Dr. LouannBrizendine explains the entire science on female brain and its interaction with male, its development stages and the chemical reactions in simple conversations helped me to think of myself in a different stage and to make sense of communications with others and with male. Why my relationship with my dad when I was little is important in my development as an adult female; how those touches and hugs and kisses were essentials. What really happened in my brain when I fell in love. What really happened in my brain and my body right now. The changes of our bodies. Why crying giving you a sense of power and made you feel stronger. Thinking about it all, generated a sense of awe, that such a complicated system of life could exist, with generality, but still with an amazing variety of individuality; made me sure, again and again, that Someone created us.

As a scientist as well as therapist, Dr Brizendine gives us real life examples from her patients, along with explanation of what chemical reactions happened in our brain. The female brain develops more dynamic than male brain (ha!) because it has different role and different stages as a female and a mother. Our hormones drives our lives, our emotions, and why we focus on one thing and not another.

With catching chapter titles, she differentiates female brain development in its varying stages. She also talks about sex, menopause, desire to achieve, what tick's us and how we could perform at our best!

A very good read for female to get to know our bodies and how to use its potentials. A good read for male who wants to understand us!

No comments: